This super simple chocolate covered toffee recipe is just in time for Valentine’s Day! Edible gifts mean more than drug store bought presents for your Valentine!
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter and sugar. Stir over medium heat until the butter is melted, and then bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stirring occasionally, simmer until it reaches 285 degrees F. It will be a rich, amber color.
- Then pour the mixture onto a parchment paper-covered jelly roll pan and sprinkle evenly with chocolate chips. After a few minutes, spread the softened chocolate with a rubber spatula.
- Refrigerate for an hour or so, then break into pieces and place in an airtight gift container.