On Facebook, over the weekend, I gave a teaser about my kitchen smelling so good. Why did it smell heavenly? Because, I was trying out different variations of Monkey Bread. Basically, I just went trough my spice cabinet, pantry, and fridge to see if I could come up with 4 different variations of the famous Monkey Bread. Of the 4, only 3 turned out really good. The last one needs some tweaking, but it is going to have to wait. So, over the next few days you will get to see three monkey bread Redo recipes!
- 2 Cans Grands Honey Butter Layer Biscuits
- 2 Sticks of Margarine
- ¼ Cup of White Sugar
- ¾ Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1½ Tablespoons of Pumpkin Spice
- Separate your ten biscuits into 20 smaller ones. Then, tear each circle in half to form a half circle. Roll each half circle into a ball.
- Combine Sugars and Pumpkin Spice in a ziplock. Be sure to mash out the lumps of brown sugar!
- Working with a few balls at a time, stick them in the ziplock and shake to coat the balls in the pumpkin and sugar mixture.
- Place ½ of the coated dough into a bundt pan. Then sprinkle a few tablespoons of the mixture over the top.
- Melt 1 stick of margarine and pour over the top of all this.
- Repeat steps 3-5 with the remaining dough.
- Bake at 350 for thirty minutes.
- Let sit about 5 minutes before turning out onto a plate.
Of the four flavors, this was my absolute favorite!
Isn’t it pretty?