From Minnie: My mom has so many fresh oranges on her trees during the time that they are in season that we are forever looking for great recipes to use them up. We have this orange salad just about every single night while they are available from her orange trees. It is just so very yummy!!!
- About 10 large navel oranges
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 tablespoons fat free plain yogurt or fat free sour cream
- 2 packets non-sugar sweetener (optional)
- Peel oranges and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Put into large mixing bowl and add other ingredients.
- Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
It is actually better if it sits overnight, to allow the flavors to blend together…but we never do very well waiting. Delicious!
I very often eat this in my cereal in the mornings for breakfast, as well. I don’t even add milk—I just put the orange salad in a bowl and mix in some Fiber One Original.