Spice up plain oatmeal without adding too many calories using Tropicana!
- 2 cups TROPICANA Pure Premium® Orange Juice
- 1 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups QUAKER® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup lowfat or fat-free vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Additional dried cranberries (optional)
- In medium saucepan, bring Tropicana Pure Premium® orange juice, water, salt and cinnamon to a gentle boil. Stir in oats and cranberries. Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook 1 minute for quick oats, 5 minutes for old fashioned oats or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Let stand until desired consistency.
- Spoon oatmeal into four cereal bowls. Top each serving with ¼ cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon walnuts and, if desired, additional cranberries.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In 3-quart microwaveable bowl, combine all ingredients except yogurt and nuts. Microwave on HIGH 4 to 6 minutes for quick oats and 7 to 9 minutes for old fashioned oats or until most of liquid is absorbed. Let stand until desired consistency. Top each serving with yogurt, walnuts and, if desired, additional cranberries.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (1/4 of recipe made with lowfat yogurt):
Calories 360, Calories From Fat 70, Total Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g,
Cholesterol less than 5mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrates 62g, Sugars 31g,
Dietary Fiber 5g, Protein 12g, Calcium 145mg, Vitamin C 60% DV.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (1/4 of recipe made with fat-free yogurt):
Calories 350, Calories From Fat 70, Total Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g,
Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrates 62g, Sugars 31g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Protein 11g, Calcium 135mg, Vitamin C 60% DV.
Disclosure: I have a formal relationship with Tropicana Pure Premium as a “TropiMomma” blogger, however, all opinions remain 100% my own. All Information Provided By Tropicana.