We are about 2 hours (in traffic) from the center of New Orleans… that alone should qualify me as a great Red Beans and Rice maker. You would not believe how easy it is to get a good bowl of red beans and rice!
- 1 pound of dried light red kidney beans
- 1 pound pork sausage links of choice, sliced
- 2.5 cups of white rice
- Black Pepper
- Red Pepper (optional)
- Cook the red beans according to the directions on the package adding seasonings to taste.
- During the last hour of cooking, add in your sausage.
- Serve over rice. I add ½ stick butter and some salt to my rice while cooking.