I have at least 3 different chili recipes that I use and they are all just slightly different. This is the easiest one and was adapted from a Pampered Chef recipe that I acquired at a party years ago!
- 1 package of make ahead hamburger meat
- 1 muffin of seasoning mix
- 1 can (16 oz) chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1½ cups water
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 pkt (1.48 oz) chili seasoning mix
- Combine ingredients in (10-in.) Skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Spoon chili into bowls and top with desired toppings, such as shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions or sour cream, if desired.
- OR, if you like to make meals ahead:
- Combine (without toppings) in large resealable plastic bag. Freeze for up to three months.
We like to serve our Chili over rice with shredded cheddar and sour cream garnishments. We sometimes even throw some green onions on top if we have them.