Adapted from a chicken recipe on the Thai Kitchen website
From Minnie: There are so many different types of fish which are extremely tasty, nutritious and healthy, that we are really spoiled for choices.
Health experts urge us to consume more fish, and recommend a minimum of two portions of fish a week, with one portion being a white non-oily species. With so many different types of fish from which to choose, and a great number of cooking methods with which to prepare fish, it is most definitely possible to add quite a few new delicious and healthy recipe ideas to your growing repertoire. We really enjoy using this particular recipe for several types of fish!
*This recipe also works quite well with any type of firm white fish (cod, flounder, tilapia, sole, sea bass, whiting, etc)
- 4 catfish fillets (or any firm white fish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or to taste (optional)
- SEASON fish with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. ADD fish; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove fish from skillet.
- ADD onion, bell peppers, cabbage, celery, and garlic to skillet; stir fry 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in coconut milk and red pepper flakes; simmer 5 minutes on medium heat. Return fish to skillet, spooning sauce over fish.
- COOK, uncovered, 5 minutes or until everything is thoroughly heated.
DISCLAIMER: Kelli was sent a few Thai Kitchen item to review, but Minnie is more of a Thai eater, so she got to try the things out. No money exchanged hands and any opinions are our own.