There’s no need to run to the neighborhood pub for delicious nachos. You can make them even better at home and they’re easy to make to boot.
You can also make a small plate for 1 or 2 or make a huge platter to feed the entire family. Honestly, my boys LOVE thjis and they don’t even know they are getting veggies in. HA!
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded cheddar and jack cheese combo
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced green peppers
- Sliced black olives (not pictured)
- Sliced jalapenos (not pictured)
- Sour cream
- Add a layer of chips to an oven-safe pan. Sprinkle with tomatoes, peppers, olives and jalapenos. Top with a layer of the shredded cheese.
- Repeat the process for another layer or two.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or so (how long depends on how big your nacho plate is). Cook until the cheese starts to bubble and brown slightly.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
Note that if you make a large serving, you may need to increase the cook time and even lower the temperature to ensure you don’t burn the chips. The best thing you can do for a large serving is use a large pan and make no more than 3 layers for quick and even cooking.