In a little over 24 hours, our homes and living rooms are going to be taken over with crazy, yelling sports fans. Are you ready, Momma? Do you have your entire menu planned all the way down to the toothpicks? What? Why not? Here, let this Southern Mom help.
Top Chef Masters winner, Chef Floyd Cardoz, has transformed the tried-and-true classic Tabasco Buffalo wing recipe into three distinctive versions, perfect for game day parties, and I have them right here!
- 3 tablespoons SWEET & Spicy Tabasco brand pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Vegetable oil or canola oil
- 2 dozen chicken wings
- ¼ cup Wondra flour or rice flour
- Combine SWEET & Spicy Tabasco sauce, garlic, soy sauce, honey and vinegar in a large bowl and mix.
- Preheat vegetable oil in fryer to 350º F.
- Remove and discard wing tips from wings. Separate each wing into two pieces at the joint; trim excess fat and skin. Toss chicken wings in a bowl with flour. Fry wings for 10 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove from fryer; drain and transfer to a bowl. Toss wings with desired amount of East Asian Style sauce.
- Makes 24 chicken wings.