From Minnie: We LOVE fresh asparagus! We like it boiled or broiled, or stir-fried or steamed, or roasted or in soups, or just about any other way it can be prepared! It is one of our all-time favorite vegetables. Consequently, we try to keep frozen asparagus on hand for those times when we either run out of fresh asparagus and do not want to make a special trip to the market to get more…or when the market just does not have the best looking fresh asparagus. Here’s a yummy recipe for those times:
This recipe uses ingredients from Thai Kitchen
- Frozen Asparagus Spears
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- Salt, pepper, & garlic to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- Defrost asparagus and pat dry. Cut into bite-sized pieces, if desired.
- Heat oil in a medium sized skillet until hot.
- Add asparagus, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Cook for about 6-8 minutes, until tender and slightly browned in spots.
- Pour Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce over asparagus and stir gently to coat well.
- Serve immediately.
DISCLAIMER: Kelli was sent a few Thai Kitchen item to review, but Minnie is more of a Thai eater, so she got to try the things out. No money exchanged hands and any opinions are our own.